- Slightly humorous at times
- Although you’re protective, you give me enough room to breathe
- You think positive: when someone falls down, you say “If you can still walk, you’re okay” when someone cuts their arm, you say “You’re not going to die” and so on
- You introduced me to my best friend – Jesus
- And you are not as embarrassing as some of the other parents I know
- You are always there to protect us, and I give you three points for that.
- I love that you forgive quickly when we make mistakes, and you ask for forgiveness when you do
- I give you one point for being mine
- And the last is for the hug you owe me for this letter
Tuesday, March 04, 2008
It's All Downhill From Here...
or so Becca reminded John in the birthday letter she wrote him yesterday. I think he had a good birthday. After he bought himself a PS3 last week- after discovering that Blu-ray had won out over HD DVD- I figured there wasn't anything I could possibly buy him that he couldn't buy himself. Instead, I called some of his good friends that he hasn't spoken with in many years, and they each called him over the weekend to offer birthday congratulations and harassment. We had a fun family dinner with a cake which John Mark baked and Becca decorated, and later this week, John and I will go out together to celebrate. The boys made him funny cards and Becca wrote a letter giving her father "points" for various things, all of which added to 40 (of course). Here are some of the points she awarded him: