Saturday, October 20, 2007

Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!

Football is over! The three little boys had their last game and award ceremony today. Huzzah!

After the guys left for camping last night and I dropped Becca off at a friend's house, I had the evening to myself! Huzzah! I almost never watch TV except during the winter, when 24 and American Idol are on, but I had a treat saved up: a 5-hour miniseries called A Town Like Alice, which I recently finished reading. It wasn't as good as the book (is it ever?) and BBC's 1980's production values aren't what they are now... but it was OK.

My big boys had a beautiful weekend for the Encampment at Fort Massac. Scout troops from all over come and camp just outside the fort every year. I brought the little guys up after their football game and after Becca returned. We got there just in time to watch the battle reenactment (French and Indian War) and then we wandered around the encampment until dinner back at the campsite. I might have stayed the night too, if I didn't have to be at church at 8am tomorrow morning for Praise Team. I love American history, so this is just up my alley and you simply couldn't ask for better camping weather. But, Becca and I left the guys back at the fort and now we are both headed to our very comfortable beds, far away from smelly men and noisy scouts. Huzzah!

000_1313000_1316 000_1302000_1301000_1309

No comments: