Fun- a High School Meme! But I think it's more fun to answer questions about high than it was to actually attend it. I had three distinctly different high school experiences, thanks to two different family movies, once from Huntsville to Atlanta during my sophomore year and then to Fairfax, Virginia right before my Junior year.
1. Who was your best friend?
Huntsville: Nora- (oboe); Fairfax: Christy (clarinet). When you're in band, details like that count :-)
2. Did you play any sports? Ha-Ha. Next question!
3. What kind of car did you drive? The car I inherited was an old, light blue Ford Fairmont that sometimes quit running for no apparent reason while driving down the road. This led to some tricky situations on the Washington Beltway. After I crashed the Fairmont, my parents purchased me a fabulous used red Chevy Cavalier. I never would have imagined that I would be driving that car for the next 16 years, thanks to my husband (who is a car-junkie in more ways than one!)
4. It’s Friday night. Where were you? Fall: Marching during half-time at a football game. Spring: Hanging out with Nora or Christy
5. Were you a party animal? Please. Next question.
6. Were you considered a flirt? Probably more of an airhead than a flirt
7. Were you in the band, orchestra or choir? Umm... all of the above!
8. Were you a nerd? I didn't look like a nerd, but I was definitely a nerd (without the nerd-like grades)
9. Were you ever suspended or expelled? I was paddled once in the 4th grade for not bringing in my signed papers, and in the 7th grade, I received a lecture from my English teacher, Miss Smith, for wearing a headband with Martian antennae to class. That is the extent of my trouble-making during my school years. But I got my homeroom buddy, David V, in trouble once for giving him a (presumably dead) grenade that a crazy boy who liked me gave me as a "gift". David thought it was cool, so I gladly gave it away. But he got caught with it and the school called his mother. We were all very fortunate that this was all during the days when common sense could still be found in the public schools, before Columbine and West Paducah and Zero Tolerance. Otherwise I might be giving a different answer to this question!
10. Can you sing the fight song? Of course- I played the fight song a gazillion times!
11. Who was your favorite teacher? Mr. Casagrande- band and Mrs. O'Donnell- Latin
12. What was your school mascot? In Huntsville, we were the Butler Rebels (In politically incorrect Alabama, it's still possible to find such Civil War remnants) In Virginia, the Cavaliers.
13. Did you go to the Prom? Yes, but with guy-friends, not boyfriends. Prom is highly overrated.
14. If you could go back, would you? Maybe for a week and only if I knew then what I know now.
15. What do you remember most about graduation? I dropped my diploma on the way off the stage, which freaked out the photographer. I took the ACT test the morning after graduation because it was required for admission into LSU, where I had already been offered a scholarship. On the bright side, I figured at least I knew everything I was ever going to know from high school.
16. Where were you on Senior Skip Day? Skip school? Are you kidding??
17. Did you have a job your senior year? At the Pfaltzgraff Pfactory Store. I actually spent part of my paycheck on dishes and other household items that I knew I would need in the next few years. I was weird like that.
18. Where did you go most often for lunch? The cafeteria?
19. Have you gained weight since then? Next question.
20. What did you do after graduation? Majored in Music Education at LSU.
21. What year did you graduate? 1987
22. Who was your Senior Prom Date? Ray Yeh. I know it looks like "yeah", but it's "yay"- Ray Yeh. Fun to Seh.
23. Are you going/did you go to your 10 year reunion? Clearly this meme was written by someone much younger than me... my 20 year reunion just passed, and I didn't go.