Saturday, April 28, 2007

Happy Birthday, Nathanael!

Tomorrow, my baby is six years old. We celebrated with a "Cowboy" birthday in the backyard. In addition to his brothers, Nathanael invited his favorite friends: Joseph, Lilly, Ethan, Garret, and Aiden. John Mark and Becca coached them in the bean-bag toss and Horseshoes and then they buried each other in the sandpile, rode scooters down the driveway, jumped on the trampoline, kicked the soccer ball, climbed trees, and swung on the swings. And then we had birthday cake and opened presents! There will be some tired kiddos tonight, but it was a fun, fun day.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I still find it hard to believe it has been 6 years! Nathanael is the most adorable and toughest kid I know! (I picture Nathanael flinging himself off the recliner, doing a 270-degree aerial somersault, and landing square on his back. I thought he was dead. Not Nathanael! He jumped up, laughed and climbed back up for a repeat performance. Amazing!) Thanks for allowing me the privilege of being part of his birth - even if John doesn't remember!