Friday, June 19, 2009

Kentucky Summer

Mama Adam's Journal:

Friday, June 1, 1979
Well, another June 1st and Ruby called me this morning and said little Sandy is coming to KY tomorrow evening and she will meet her at Lexington airport.
Saturday, June 2
Little Sandy came up from Ala. to-day on the plane to Lex. I went with Ruby to the airport to get her. She seemed glad to get to Winchester.

Dear Daddy,
I am having fun. Somtimes I get Bored, But I still have fun.
The airplane was cold, But I still liked it.
I like Mama Adams house. Her cookie jar is always full.
Tell Bobbie Hi. I would like to see her.
Please write or call soon.
Love
Sandy


Mama Adams Journal:

Monday, June 4
Sandy and I went to town to-day, she shopped around and enjoyed it.
We fished us a mess of new peas out of the garden and they sure were good.
Meta and Pam took us up to put the flowers on the childrens and Papa's grave, we never stayed but a few minutes.
Tuesday, June 5
Johney went to the farm to-day and Sandy and I went to the bank and to Krogers.
Pam came by from work and got her some lettuce and onions.

July 6, 1979
Dear Bobbie and Daddy,
I have been having fun. We came back from Aunt Marie's Monday. We went there after Kim and Scot's wedding.

I hope to be home soon. I liked the cards you and Bobbie sent me. I got a bunch of birthday cards yesterday and one package. 5 cards. Only 2 for Mama Adams. I sure wish you would call again. I have to close the letter now. I have more to write before the mailman comes.
Love
Sandy

P.S. Mama Adams won a new T.V. If you call I will tell you about it. Bye!

To be continued...

1 comment:

Sara said...

Oh Sandy, that is so cool! Can't wait for the rest of the story....