Friday, September 28, 2007

Copeland Farley

"My conversations with God right now are more like those you have with a junior high boyfriend as you pass them in the hall at school: necessary in order to remain in a relationship, but short, probably somewhat insignificant to any on-lookers. "Hey." That's about all I can muster at this point. What do you say to the God of the universe who chose not to heal or save your baby? Who, though they are giving you strength to endure, moment by moment, actually allowed the situation that require endurance in the first place? I call on you to pray for me. I will not turn my back on Him. But words fail me."

On September 18, Conor and Boothe Farley gave birth to a daughter, Copeland Fair Farley, who was born with Trisomy-18, a chromosomal disorder which is fatal. Copeland lived for 8 days. You can read her story here.

No comments: