Sunday, November 12, 2006

Hunter-Boy Bags A Buck

Well, he did it! (Yes, I know it's gross... believe me, that's not even the grossest picture they have.) They went out early this morning before church and John Mark nailed a head-shot on this one (it doesn't really matter that he wasn't aiming for the head, does it?) All I can say is, "Thank Goodness!" Hopefully, I asked Hunter-Man if this meant hunting season was now over. He did not reply, which I do not take as a sign of encouragement. In the meantime, Hunter-Boy and his father are an exceedingly proud pair.

In other family news, we are down to the dregs of the Halloween candy. We the kids have eaten all the candy from my gigantic Tupperware That's-a-Bowl and now all the leftover Dums-Dums, Bit-o-Honey, Peppermints (who passes out Peppermints at Halloween? Really.) and other unidentifiable mystery candies fit into a medium sized flower vase on top of my refrigerator. What a relief.

And just when I think we have reached the pinnacle of testosterone-driven activities around here, I find out that not only do I still have Hunting and Football season to contend with, Basketball Season has now begun as well. I can barely contain my excitement.

2 comments:

jcallahan said...

Congratulations John Mark! After a previous weekend of sitting around waiting, I'll bet it was nice to down this one.

janjanmom said...

I bet you can't wait to make venison 101 ways!! If you find one that actually does taste good, let me know!

Good job, HUNTER BOY. Good support, HUNTER DAD. HA HA I have girls HUNTER MOM!! (Although Erika has expressed an interest in going hunting-we are hoping just shooting a gun will be satisfying enough!)