Monday, September 20, 2010

Daybook for September 20

FOR TODAY September 20...
Outside my window... is a dark sultry evening. Much too hot when I'm in the mood for fall!
~
I am wearing... denim capris and a gray Colts tee that was rejected by one of the older kids- not "cool" enough, I suppose.
~
From our studies... a biography about Harriet Tubman in literature and the Napoleonic Wars in history. And lots of math. Lots.
~
From the kitchen... Blackened chicken sandwiches for dinner tonight (the smoke alarm went off because the house was full of smoke) and Tortilla Soup in the crock pot tomorrow.
~
I am creating... I went to an all-weekend scrapbook crop this past weekend and had the most wonderful time (even though I did not win the grand prize Cricut... again. Oh well.) I even got 13 pages completed!
~
I am going... to school tomorrow! I'm substitute teaching this fall at a nearby private school for a teacher who is going on maternity leave. She's not actually on leave yet, but I go over about once a week so that I can learn the kids' routine and they will be familiar with me by the time she delivers in a couple of weeks. My mom is helping me with my own kids, because we are continuing to homeschool them as well. Since the school only meets M-Th, we can still participate in co-op on Fridays. I am feeling a little schizophrenic this fall.
~
I am reading... I recently finished "Mockingjay", the last of the Hunger Games Trilogy. It was not as good as the other two books.
~
I am hearing... a quiet house. John Mark is still messing around in his room, and John may or may not have fallen asleep on the couch. Everyone else is out for the night.
~
Around the house... we are in the process of moving my office into the downstairs den so that John Mark can have his own room. It's a work in progress, since I have to find places for an entire room's worth of stuff. However, I like having my desk in the den much more than I thought I would.
~
One of my favorite things... a clean, organized desk. How long will it last?
~
A few plans for the rest of the week... Ladies Bible Study on Thursday, maybe lunch afterwards? Ben also goes to the orthodontist to get spacers put in to prep for braces, and then co-op on Friday.
~
I am thankful... that this school year has worked out well so far. I stressed all last spring about co-op, about what to do with my teens, about how to pay for everything. God is good.
~
From my picture journal... a recent co-op field trip to see the Nina and the Pinta

1 comment:

Sara said...

You're back! Woohooooo!

I don't know how you do it all, but you do it well. Thanks for the little glimpses into your life.